Saturday, October 20, 2007

What propelled me to the streets story by August H Mallory

I guess I would have to go back several years to really figure out what push me to the brink of homelessness, having had the experience of living on the streets, I can clearly say that, the experience has been very challenging, dangerous, interesting, humourous, and in many cases unfair to an extinct.
as I look back I wonder just what brought me out here, and how do I get back to a home that I was forced out of. how do I find suitable employment again, this was a question that I had to ask myself for many, many, months while living on the streets of america. many people come up with all of these suggestions on how to come out of your situation, and believe me its alot easier said than done. there's alot of favoritism in the workforce, try to go to a human resource office in a major corporation. and you will see the suspicion on the faces of many HR representatives.
not to mention the attitudes that follow when you try to look for a job. so what did propell me to the streets. a series of injuries, when I was younger and now faced with advancing age. and constant hospital visits. not being able to earn a steady income the way that I would like to earn.
but I came across the Idea to open my own business, and in doing so I have been able to earn some reasonable income. probaly alittle more than what an employer would be able to pay me for a days or week's work. and this what it will take for many to prosper. and that is to open our own businesses. be our own bosses. do our own thing. work our own hours. be free from the hum drum of a boring forty hour a week job. the freedom of being your own boss is the key to your success. what propelled me to the streets was that after I became ill and injured I could no longer perform the task that I once did. and due to the illness and injuries, my performance ratings begin to drop. and it wasn't long before I was out of a job and no place to live. my recovery is very slow. but I still have my small business which helps some.
trying to get new customers isn't easy it take time to build trust amongst people. and without trust one can be propelled to the street again.

No comments: