Saturday, April 19, 2008

From a writers view of the American workforce-By August H Mallory

As I write this story, I am somehow drawn to the notion that as I continue through my writing career, I have written many, many things. I write about people things and things that happen. I write about the cities that I have visited. I have written about my past experiences about my growing up. about my life in the military, and the high level of discrimination. and even now as I am now in the civilian workforce. there is a lot of favoritism in many companies. these days in order to get promoted, it is now about who you know, not what you know, you can have all the knowledge of a job in the world. but if you are not well favored in the workforce you can pretty much forget about moving up the ladder.
I have discovered that where there are alot of minorities, there will be alot of negative attitudes and extreme hostility, I have also discovered that I am usually better qualified to supervise a group, than those who have supervised over me.
but as I keep my pace in the workforce, I still see favoritism. I still see other members of my own race showing extreme dislike for each other on one issue or reason or another. from my view of the american workforce I can honestly say that, the american workforce SUCKS' and although it is true that we as americans are on the job to do a job, but all of the hostility and hate towards another employee or subordinate is truly unfair. I have been embarassed in public. chewed out in front of a group of people.
and the supervisors just boasted and bragged as if it was a prize trophy. but the funny thing was, those supervisors never got a promotion for doing such a thing. so what was the point, what were they trying to prove by berating me in front of a group of people. I may never get an answer on that one. this sort of thing is a form of work place bullying. there should be laws against this sort of thing.
there are laws against animal cruelty, but not human cruelty, and this needs to change.

No comments: