Sunday, January 18, 2009

When the homeless mistreats the homeless a traumatic experience story by August H Mallory

As I return from my trip from Bellingham washington, I am soon hit by the bad news of another heart breaking event, career criminal and homeless man Reginald Karl Breaux who goes by the nick name "tex' was a client to the St Martins De Porres homeless shelter near downtown seattle' on june 8, 2008 reginald karl breaux approached a woman who was panhandling near airport way south and south spokane street. breaux told the woman he had no place to stay, the woman offered to lend him a blanket and a tent, according to documents filed in king county superior court. the woman says that while she was on her wat to her campsite,reginald breaux slammed her to the ground and sexually assaulted her. and breaux in his rage bit her on some part of her body and she feared for her life according to the seattle times newspaper. then two days later breaux attack another woman and beat her senseless, this incident happened at the intersection of third avenue south and south hanford street. this assault was interrupted by a motorist who happened to have witnessed breaux assaulting the woman. the motorist had confronted breaux. words were exchanged, and breaux fled. DNA taken from the first victim was the perfect match to arrest breaux and an ID match from a police photo book was enough to bring breaux in on criminal charges of rape. according to police records breaux has an extensive criminal history of robbery, burglary, and domestic violence. when I read stories like this I can now understand why it is so hard for the homeless who are trying to do what's right to get the cold shoulder. when I tried to get permanent housing I was asked all sorts of questions as to when did I get arrested. during the interviews I continued to bombarded with questions of criminal history. I continued to tell them that I had no criminal background. and that there is no record of me on file in any police station. but many people feel that they have nothing to loose so this is why they committ hardcore criminal offenses. and this type of behavior makes it hard for those who are trying to move ahead with their lives.
but since being here in seattle, I have been victim to all sorts of theft. I have had more things stolen from me than I can count. but I am around desperate people, and desperate people do desperate things. and stealing is not new amongst homeless people. drugs and alcohol play a big major factor in the behavior of poor and homeless people. they have to condone this type of behavior to support their drug habits and alcohol addictions. alot of times if they ask for money, they will not get it. so the next thing is to steal it. or assault someone. when I read these stories, it worries me, when I am the victim of theft, it worries me. when I have to witness a violent act it does bother me. in our society its do or die. and the rule of the street is, survive by any means neccessary, we have to reach people when they are young, otherwise we will be raising a world of violent and desperate criminals. the key is intervention, but will it work, experts say it will. and if it will then lets all give it a try.

No comments: